Pray the Promises. Believe in them!
What better way to pray than to pray the Word of God!
When God tells us that certain things are going to happen, let’s agree with Him. Scripture says that sometimes things don’t happen because “we ask not” (James 4:2). Let’s ask.
When we come across promises and predictions, let’s pray them! His promises will happen. This is His Word.
Here are some examples:
- One of my life psalms is Psalm 112 because I see promises that I stand on regardless of present circumstances. If I am a man/person who “fears the Lord and finds great delight in His commands,” there are all sorts of blessings that are coming my way. I’m still praying them. They will happen! God promises. Go find out what those promises are. Read and pray the Word!
- Years ago I read Romans 8:29 and was assured that those of us in whom God’s Spirit resides are destined to become more and more like Jesus. Because I believed it and began praying it, I have seen all kinds of heart changes inside me. I still am in the process of becoming, but I am encouraged. You can be, too. That’s your destiny. Read the Word, believe it and pray it!
- Lately, I have been repeatedly fascinated and encouraged by God’s Word to Hosea that though Israel would not have a king nor a sacrifice for many years, “in the last days” they will come “trembling to the Lord and to His blessings” (Hosea 3:4-5). This is the Word of God. Let’s pray it!
- When Jesus told His disciples that the gospel would be preached to every nation(ethnos/ethnic group) before the end comes, let’s pray and participate until it happens.
And then there are those direct commands, such as:
- “Ask the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into the harvest field” (Matthew 9:38). Are we doing that? It’s a command.
- “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem” (Psalm 122:6). Are we doing this? It’s a command.
- “Give yourselves no rest, give [the Lord] no rest, till He establishes Jerusalem, and makes her the praise of the whole earth” (Isaiah 62:7). Are you praying that?
The Book is filled with promises and predictions. Let’s be a part of God’s team that pray His Word into fulfillment!
Let’s look up into the heavens and pray, “Your kingdom come! Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven!”